Total Pageviews

Friday, July 20, 2012

Tearful Prayers


This is a bit different than my usual posts.
No Henry-humor or exasperated Mama-vent.

I got an email this week from a friend of mine from church asking for prayers. She was just diagnosed with breast cancer. She's my age, give or take a couple years, and her son is just a few months older than mine. She is also one of the few non-family members I would trust with my kids if I had an emergency and if you know me, that's saying something right there.

I know cancer strikes indiscriminately but this just floored me. Not just the fact that a woman I know was diagnosed with breast cancer. What hit me was HOW she was dealing with it. Her sheer strength of will and faith are an example to us all. I've looked up to her as an example of the kind of person/mother/Godly woman, that I aspire to be and this has only re-affirmed my regard for her.

We all have people in our lives that seem to stand apart in some way; they have had a profoundly positive impact on our lives as a role model/ mentor. I am fortunate enough to have a number of them in my life. She is one of them. I doubt she even knows how much she's influenced me and how her example has strengthened my own walk with Christ.

So I am praying for my friend (and often crying when I think about it).
Please God grant her and her family the strength to face whatever comes and of course I pray for her recovery. Please feel free to pray for this amazing person too.

No comments:

Post a Comment