Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 26, 2012

It's time

I'm thinking it's time.....
No, not for another baby. Although I would like more kids. And since I'm off on a tangent anyway, I'm going to run with it.

I've realized there is never a "perfect time" for having a baby. You'll never have "enough" money or be in the "right" job, house, city, time of life, etc.

Deciding to have a child is almost like taking a leap of faith, rolling the dice, crossing your fingers and praying all at once. Even if you think it's the right time, circumstances change change in an instant and nothing is constant, except God. 

Some people wish for a boy, some desperately want a girl, and some wish fervently for years for either. I was lucky in that we didn't have to try and try. Actually it was rather shocking at how suddenly we became expectant parents. Both times. Fertile Myrtle indeed.

I assumed that our first would be a girl and she took the generic baby-name "Osbert" for a few months. Firstborn girls ran in my mother's side of the family and I just thought I'd follow suit. My grandmother was the oldest, so was my mother and so was I.
We toyed with the idea of not finding out and I happily started stocking up on frilly dresses until my skeptical husband suggested that we should have an ultrasound "just to be sure." I think he wanted to put an end to my potentially useless spending sprees. I had a dream that our little "Osbert" was a boy. Then we saw that little appendage on the ultrasound and he was "Henry James" ever since.

So back to "it's time..."
Jim & I talked with Henry tonight and he's all for moving Kathryn into his room this weekend so he's "not alone in his room anymore."
I told him no takesies-backsies because once she's there we're not switching back & forth. I'm not too worried about it, though. He's so good with her, such an amazing older brother. I couldn't ask for a sweeter kid. We are so blessed. So a new chapter in our lives. We'll have our bedroom all to ourselves again for the first time in over a year and Henry will have a roommate.

No comments:

Post a Comment