Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Caterpillars and Frogs

During Henry's bedtime snuggle tonight, he reached out a small hand and ran it through my hair. I've been meaning to get it cut but even my bangs have grown out and it's well past my shoulders now.

I should probably also add some context to this. We recently watched a cartoon about a caterpiller and tadpole growing up into a butterfly and frog and Henry's been speculating on what he's going to change into. He's moved on from "I'm going to spin a cocoon and change into a butterfly" to some rather interesting ideas.

Henry: Mama, how come you got long hair? Does your hair grow an' grow? Can my hair grow that long?

Mama: Yes, Henry. If we don't cut your hair, it will grow and grow too.

Henry: I want my hair to grow and grow so it's as long as yours. When I grow up, I want to be a girl.

Mama: You mean like you want to change like a caterpiller?

Henry: Yeah! Like the caterpiller turns into a butterfly an' the EEL turns into a FROG!

That would be a tadpole, sweetie.

No comments:

Post a Comment